Legal Communication Certificate
The purpose of this live session is to provide a comprehensive approach to legal communication. Paralegals at all levels can easily expand their current knowledge base in this interactive and engaging on-line session. From legal writing to investigations it is important to appropriately and adequately handle all aspects of legal communication. A focus on persuasive writing, client interviewing, and investigations will be covered in this informative course for paralegals.
Due to globalization and the widespread reliance on technology the legal landscape is experiencing rapid change. Legal organizations are beginning to open practices and offices in other countries. That is why we include a foreign language component with this certificate.
The following topics will be covered:
- Learn the IRAC method for legal writing
- IRAC formatting
- How to spot the issue when reading cases
- Create a succinct correct statement of the Issue in a given fact pattern
- Combine Issue, Rule, Analysis, and Conclusion for a strong IRAC structure
- Compose well written and well organized IRAC documents
- The Paralegal/Client Role
- Planning the Interview
- Accessing the interviewee’s knowledge
- Opening the Interview
- Building Rapport and Orienting the Interviewee
- Incorporating Cultural intelligence into the interviewing process
- Active Listening
- Passive Listening
- The various types of interview questions and their purpose
- Special Considerations of Client Interviewing
All participants of the live session will receive a certificate of completion. Registration includes access to the live and recorded session.
Click here to view upcoming dates and times.