Legal Research Certificate
Discover How to Research Smarter, Faster, and Better!
Do you want to improve your legal research proficiency? Then this one day course is just what you need. Register today and get ready to take your legal research and writing skills to a whole new level. This course will focus on topics related to how to search with more accuracy and precision utilizing the Six Sigma methodology.
This on-line course will provide an in-depth understanding of legal research that paralegals can utilize to assist with the reduction of legal costs. The inefficient use of legal research programs and the inability to locate pertinent case information can jeopardize the successful resolution of a case and increase the costs associated with properly handling a case.
Relevant cases, laws, and resources are not found by happenstance. Researching effectively has a lot more to do with your analytical abilities than it has to do with anything else. Even if you use a sophisticated software program to assist in your research you still must understand how to research strategically in order to avoid wasting time researching or not locating what you are looking for.
The following topics will be covered in this interactive on-line session:
- Exploration of Six Sigma Principles
- Overview of the American Legal System and Authority
- Discover the Six Sigma Legal Resarch Process (Client Focused, efficient, speed & precision)
- How to Perform Pre-search Filtering
- Working with Non Legal Secondary Sources
- Keeping Track of What You Find
- Locating and Conducting Research Based on Writing Goals
- How to Locate, Read, and Write about Statutes
- How to Locate, Read, and Write about Cases and Judicial Opinions
- How to Locate, Read, and Write about Federal Rules and Regulations
All participants of the live session will receive a certificate of completion. Registration includes access to the live and recorded session.
Click here to view upcoming dates and times.